1/2 Photos of 4th of July Fried Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
This easy fried chicken is perfect for a 4th of July picnic with potato salad and all the fixings. Recipe Source: Bon Appetit (July 1982).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken pieces, pat dry and place in a shallow dish for marinating.
- 2Pour buttermilk over chicken and marinate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3Combine flour, salt, sage, paprika and pepper in paper bag.
- 4Add chicken and shake to cover.
- 5Dip chicken in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- 6Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 7Pour oil into large skillet to a depth of 1 inch and heat to 375°F or until water spatters when sprinkled on oil.
- 8Add chicken legs and thighs first.
- 9Fry until browned about 10-12 minutes before adding remaining pieces, frying another 10 minutes or until brown.
- 10Drain chicken on paper towels before serving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 4th of July Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.2
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 350.6 mg
- Sodium 1117.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 73.7 g