1 hr 30 mins
This is from the City Times newspaper. Recipe posted by request for recipes using turmeric powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g potatoes, boiled with salt and mashed
- 300 g beef, cut into small pieces and boiled with pepper powder,salt and yellow powder
- 2 medium onions, peeled,washed and chopped
- 4 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- oil, to fry
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1Mix all the ingredients except the oil and flour in a large bowl.
- 2Grease your palms with a little oil.
- 3Shape the mixture into equal-sized balls with your palms.
- 4To make the outer part, mix the flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt to taste and water till it becomes a thick batter.
- 5Heat oil in a small wok.
- 6Dip the balls in the batter.
- 7Deep fry the potato balls in the hot oil on either side until golden.
- 8Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- 9Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alleh Bolay(Potato Balls) For Iftar
Serving Size: 1 (817 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 20.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g