Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the City Times newspaper. Recipe posted by request for recipes using turmeric powder.
Make and share this Alleh Bolay(Potato Balls) For Iftar recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g potatoes, boiled with salt and mashed
- 300 g beef, cut into small pieces and boiled with pepper powder,salt and yellow powder
- 2 medium onions, peeled,washed and chopped
- 4 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- oil, to fry
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil and flour in a large bowl.
- Grease your palms with a little oil.
- Shape the mixture into equal-sized balls with your palms.
- To make the outer part, mix the flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt to taste and water till it becomes a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a small wok.
- Dip the balls in the batter.
- Deep fry the potato balls in the hot oil on either side until golden.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.