Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious, crispy chicken nuggets breaded with crunchy almonds. Makes about 20 nuggets which should serve 2-3 as a main dish. Prep time includes time to marinate.
- 1 (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- vegetable oil, to deep fry
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- In medium bowl, mix together egg white, soy sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, cinnamon, and cloves; stir chicken pieces into mixture.
- Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, chicken broth, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon salt, the baking soda, almonds and almond extract; stir chicken into batter until well coated.
- In wok, heat 1 1/2-inches oil to 350°F.
- Fry chicken pieces, about fifteen at a time, turning frequently, until light brown (2-3 minutes); drain on paper towels.
- Increase oil temperature to 375°F.
- Fry chicken all at once until golden brown (1 minute); drain on paper towels.
- Serve with dipping sauce.