This has been a cookie my grandma has made my whole life on Christmas. Wonderful memories!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, sugar and salt in large bowl.
- 2Beat egg yolks until pale yellow.
- 3Add to flour mixture all the rest of the ingredients.
- 4Stir until blended then knead until dough until well blended.
- 5Roll out on floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- 6Using a pastry wheel, cut 1" X 3" strips.
- 7Make a slit in the center of the dough and pull one end of the strip through it.
- 8Deep fry in 375 degree oil for about 3 minutes.
- 9Dust with confectioner sugar.
- 10*I am not exactly sure on amount of cookies since I don't know if grandma does double batches but with 4 cups of flour I'm assuming it's a good amount.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Wing Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (883 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 46.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g