Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I got from the "Dean and Deluca Cookbook". My dh and boys INHALE the stuff. I have increased the amount of sauce because we love sauce. This is so good anytime--especially as a midnight snack if there's any left over (which there usually isn't). ;-)
- Heat oil to 375°F in a deep fryer or large pot.
- Please be careful.
- Cut wings into 2 separate pieces at the joint.
- Season them well with the salt and pepper.
- Fry the wings in several batches (too much at one time will drastically drop the temperature of the oil) until they are crisp and golden brown, about 10-13 minutes per batch.
- Remove wings from oil and let drain on paper towel.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the hot sauce and vinegar.
- Stir to blend and remove from heat and pour over cooked wings.
- This is great with the usual celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.