1/2 Photos of Apple Doughnuts
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Kids love these, and nothing beats eating doughnuts you have made yourself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup apple cider or 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple (McIntosh or Empire is good)
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- 2Make a well in the center.
- 3In a small bowl, cream together the sugar and butter, then beat in the egg.
- 4Add the apple juice, milk, and vanilla to the creamed mixture, and beat all together.
- 5Pour mixture into the center of the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- 6Peel, core, and finely chop the apple, then stir it into the batter.
- 7Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour.
- 8Place half the dough on a floured board; knead lightly, and roll out to approximately 3/8-inch thick.
- 9Cut with a floured 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter.
- 10Heat the oil to 375°F in a wok or skillet; fry the dough for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown (do not overcrowd); drain on absorbent paper.
- 11When cool, dust doughnuts with a mixture of 1 cup confectioners sugar mixed with 1 tbsp cinnamon placed in a sieve; shake off excess.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (962 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 108.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g