My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Creamy Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon medium grind black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash onion powder
- 4 -6 cups shortening, as required by the fryer
- 1 large white onion
- 1Make horseradish dipping sauce by combining ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk.
- 2Mix until creamy then cover and chill the sauce.
- 3Heat the shortening to 350 degrees in a deep fryer.
- 4Slice the stem end and the root end off onion, then, with the onion resting on a flat side, cut down through the onion, slicing it in half.
- 5Slice each half 4 to 5 more times in a spoke fashion to create wedges of onion.
- 6Separate the onion pieces.
- 7Create batter by combining all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 8Whisk in milk until batter is smooth then let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- 9It should thicken.
- 10Whisk batter again.
- 11When oil is hot dip each onion piece in the batter, let some of the batter drip off then drop the coated onion piece carefully into the hot oil.
- 12Repeat, frying 8 to 12 at a time for 1 to 2 minutes or until light brown.
- 13Drain on a rack or paper towels.
- 14Repeat until the onion is used up, stacking the newer batches on top of the old ones to keep them warm.
- 15When they're all done, serve the fried onion slices on a plate or in a paper-lined basket with horseradish dipping sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applebee's Onion Peels
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 598.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g