1/1 Photo of Arepas De Queso Fritas
Daniel Aguilar's Note:
This is a typical Venezuelan dish (I'm Venezuelan), and I like to make it a lot since now I live in Spain. Everyone who has tried it loves them, so I thought I'd share it with everyone at Recipezaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the water and the egg yolk.
- 2In a large bowl mix the flour and the egg/water mixture.
- 3Mix and kneed the dough for about 5 minutes until it is compact.
- 4Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile heat a deep fryer to 170ºC, or fill a frying pan with lots of oil and heat.
- 6Take a small ball of the dough, the size of an egg and mold into a flat circle, about 1 cm thick.
- 7Fry until golden brown, turning regularly.
- 8Turn out onto crumpled absorbent paper and leave to cool slightly.
- 9Split them open (like a pita bread) and fill with cheese, ham, butter, honey or whatever you wish. (If there is too much "fluff" inside, you can remove it with a spoon, leaving only the outer shell).
- 10Serve immediately--they don't keep and don't re-heat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arepas De Queso Fritas
Serving Size: 1 (966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g