1/2 Photos of Asian Pork and Shrimp Spring Rolls
You might want to consider doubling this recipe, I ate practically all of these myself they are that good!. Don't be tempted to over-stuff the wrappers with filling or they will not seal properly. Plan ahead the filling needs to chill for a minimum of 4 hours before using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 lb ground pork (use pork only not beef!)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, well drained and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 large green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Finely chop the fresh shrimp.
- 2In a bowl stir together the chopped shrimp 1 egg, pork and the next 8 ingredients; mix well to combine.
- 3Cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours to blend the flavors before using.
- 4Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture in the center of each spring roll wrapper.
- 5Fold the top corner of each wrapper over the filling, tucking tip of corner under the filling, then fold left and right corners over filling.
- 6Lightly brush remaining corner with beaten egg.
- 7Tightly roll filled end toward remaining corner, then gently press to seal.
- 8Pour about 2-inches of oil in a skillet and heat to 350 degrees.
- 9Fry the spring rolls a couple at a time only for about 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Drain on a brown paper bag or paper towels.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Pork and Shrimp Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 400.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g