1/6 Photos of Awesome Egg Rolls
Bonnie Traynor's Note:
I love this recipe because it is so easy to make and it has converted a bunch of my friends into cabbage lovers!! They can't wait to have these when I make them! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the ground beef with the salt and pepper and garlic powder until the meat is completely browned.
- 2Make sure to add a lot of the salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- 3This needs to have a strong flavor because you'll be frying it with other ingredients.
- 4Don't put so much in that you can't eat it, but you want to really taste it.
- 5Once you are done getting the flavor right, get a LARGE bowl and put the shredded cabbage and carrots in it and then add the ground beef on top.
- 6Mix together completely and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- 7I do that so the mixture will soften and I can roll them more easily.
- 8Check the mixture after it sits to make sure the flavor is still there and really stands out.
- 9If not, add more of the salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- 10It's really up to your taste buds, but this is what I've done and I get RAVE reviews.
- 11Heat up your oil for frying in a deep fryer.
- 12Follow the manufacturer's instructions for how much oil to add, but always make sure you don't fill it to the top so you don't get hurt.
- 13I usually only fill about half of the fryer.
- 14Crack an egg into a small bowl to make a wash for sealing the egg roll wraps.
- 15Take a wrap and put about 1-2 teaspoons of the meat mixture onto the wrap.
- 16Wrap the roll as shown on the package, remembering to seal with the egg wash.
- 17I try to wrap my rolls tightly, but I don't always do that so well.
- 18Once you are done wrapping, place the egg rolls carefully into the oil about 2-3 at a time.
- 19Cook them until they are blond in color.
- 20Don't let them get too dark.
- 21Take them out and let drain on paper towels.
- 22You're done! I serve mine with Grey Poupon for dipping. yummy!
- 23Others might enjoy soy sauce! These also freeze very well, that is of course, if you have any left! I make a bunch for myself and have them for lunch.
- 24Just pop them in the microwave for about 1 minute, and you're done.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Sodium 60.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
egg roll wraps