24 hrs 55 mins
24 hrs 40 mins
Mia #3's Note:
As I am Portuguese naturally I love my cod. This is a delicious and very simple way to make cod, even the kids enjoy it. It's a type of casserole dish, my mother passed this receipe down to me.She use to do it in the traditional red ceramic dishes, and cook in the firestove. I still use the red ceramic dish, but had to improvise with an electric stove.I hope you all enjoy it as much as we all do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse cod under running cold water.
- 2Place the cod in a large container filled with cold water, and soak for 24 hrs, changing water several times.
- 3Next day remove cod from water and pat dry with a towel.
- 4Meanwhile, peel and slice the onions and chop the garlic.
- 5In a frying pan heat up the olive oil and simmer the onions and garlic and also the bayleaf, salt, and pepper to your own taste.
- 6Now that your cod is dry, pass it through flour, and then the beaten eggs and fry it in a separate pan on both side till cooked.
- 7Turn on your stove to 375, place the cod on the bottom of a casserole dish and cover with the onion mixture, place in oven for about 10-12 minute no longer, or the cod will turn out to dry.
- 8While this is being done, peel and slice your potatoes in cubes and fry till golden (you can use more potatoes if wished).
- 9Remove your cod from the oven, and mix in you cooked potatoes, mix well and sprinkle with the parsley (when I don't have parsley I use fresh coriander.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacalhau (Salt Cod Fish) Mia's Way
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.3
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 50.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt cod fish