Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
This may sound strange but it’s an absolutely delicious appetizer!
Make and share this Bacon and Date Appetizer recipe from Food.com.
- Put one or two almonds inside date and wrap with 1/2 slice of bacon.
- May need to use toothpick.
- I used a deep fryer at 350º and fried them for a couple minutes.
- You could also pan fry (or Wok) until bacon cooked.
- Some have tried baking at 425º until bacon cooked but this method takes longer and bacon not cooked as evenly.
This is a fantastic & delicious appetizer! I partially cooked the bacon before wrapping & baking to cook more evenly.
These are delicious! I took them to a party last night and it was the first dish emptied! I did opt to bake them @400 for 20 minutes, then put them under the broiler for an additional 5 minutes to crisp up the bacon.
I recommend the broiler for 10 minutes. Deep frying is just too messy. I used turkey bacon, and a piece of feta cheese inside with the almond. The saltiness is perfect!