Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My first recipe post. A simple appetizer that can be prepared in under 15 minutes. The first batch is ready to eat in 20 minutes. They might taste great cold, but I've never seen one cool off.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix (or equivalent)
- 2 (1 lb) packagesthick sliced hickory smoked bacon
- Preheat deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut breasts to 1" to 1 1/4 inch pieces as close to cubes as possible. The important thing is that all weigh as close as possible and do not exceed an ounce by too much.
- If nuggets are very wet, pat with a paper towel. Place nuggets in plastic ziploc bag and add ranch dressing mix. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Cut raw bacon in half. Wrap nugget tucking in any loose ends to make then as near a ball shape as possible. Crosspin the bacon in place with a toothpick.
- Depending on fryer capacity you should add 5-8 nuggets at a time and fry 3 1/2 to 5 minutes until nuggets just begin to float.
- Drain on paper towels and cut the largest nugget in half to test doneness or check with thermometer probe (quick response type) and adjust cooking time.
- A properly cooked nugget will show bacon done medium and herbed white meat with browned highlights.
- If they need to be served by the full batch they can hold in a 150-175 degree oven covered with a moistened (not dripping) paper towel.
- These can be served plain or with any dipping sauce (sweet and sour, bbq, salsa, etc.).