Everyone calls me the Magyver of the Kitchen, lol! This recipe was a result of one of those nights that I want something sweet and am determined to find the perfect something. These come out to be crispy sweet and delectible! Perfectly accompanies any mexican dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter and enough oil to fill a shallow skillet on the stove top on medium high heat.
- 2Place orange peels and place in heated oil until the oil becomes arromatic.
- 3While oil is heating mix Cream Cheese, Bananas ( I only use one but if you like a stronger banana flavor use two), and sugar ( to taste) together and whip until the texture becomes light and fluffly.
- 4Place corn tortilla in oil for a second to make them pliable and easy to work with.
- 5Dust with cinnamon on both sides.
- 6Place a tablespoon of filling in middle and roll tightly ( I also make small pouches).
- 7Place in oil seam side down until lightly brown.
- 8Note: You should work in an assembly line. Once one is brown on one side flip and place another down. The oil will eventually start to smoke so try and work quickly. Trust me it's well worth the effort.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cream Flautas (Maya Style!)
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.6
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.1 mg
- Sodium 290.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g