Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lovely with ice cream
Make and share this Banana Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- 8 bananas
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- oil (for deep frying)
- Peel bananas and cut in half.
- Sift flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt into bowl.
- Mix to smooth batter with the milk.
- Beat egg white until soft peaks form, fold lightly into batter.
- Drop banana pieces into batter, then deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Toss in sugar.
- (frying time is approx) Serve hot with ice cream or whipped cream.
OH WOW!!! In big capital letters, with lots of exclamation points after them! That's how good these are! I can't believe they've been here in the database since July 2001 and have never been reviewed, such a crime! I made these for breakfast yesterday, together with some French toast, and the French toast lay there forgotten while the Dornettes clamored for more banana fritters! I cut the bananas into large round slices, not in half, and added a little nutmeg to the batter. I shallow fried them in butter, and they were heavenly. We had them with various toppings, honey, maple syrup, but chocolate syrup won the popularity award and will now be the official topping for our banana fritters. Evie, these are the best! Thanks so much for posting!
Awesome recipe!! The fritters are crispy on the outside whilst soft and gooey on the inside!! I used slightly overipe bananas because they cook quicker!! But you do go through a bit of oil I only fried two bananas and the level fell by about 1/2 an inch!! But that could also be because I cooked them for longer! But all in all really delicious recipe will definitely be making it again!!
Easy to make and tastes wonderful. We made 2 recipe amendments: 1. No salt, & 2. We shallow fried the bananas and then turned them over to save oil and making it easier to drain the oil off the cooked fritter.