1/4 Photos of Banana Fritters With Brandy Sauce
I found this recipe in my Mother's Recipe Box. It looks as though it was clipped from a magazine. The description to the recipe states as follows: " The Koran says that the fatal fruit in the Garden of Eden was a banana, not an apple. If Eve offered Adam banana fritters drenched in brandy sauce it's no wonder he succumbed to temptation." Enjoy ; )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 2 -3 firm bananas
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 2Combine the egg, milk and melted shortening; add the liquids to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- 3This will make a very stiff batter, but it will remain refreshingly crisp for some time after it's been cooked.
- 4Cut each of the bananas into 3 chunks, dust with flour and coat with the fritter batter.
- 5Fry in hot deep oil (375 F) until golden brown, turning often.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7To Make Brandy Sauce:.
- 8Measure the sugar, cornstarch and salt into a saucepan.
- 9Gradually add the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- 10Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until clear and thickened.
- 11Remove from the heat and stir in butter, brandy and nutmeg.
- 12Serve warm over banana fritters.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Fritters With Brandy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1076.5
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 159.7 mg
- Sodium 2085.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 89.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g