Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple basic use of boudin sausage to make into boudin balls.
Make and share this Basic Boudin Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Remove boudin from casing; mix in fresh chiles.
- Shape mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball or smaller.
- Dip in beaten egg mixture and then into seasoned bread crumbs.
- I like to either use a large bowl with the bread crumbs in it and tossing 10 balls in it at a time and"tossing" to coat.
- [Bestto coat only as many balls as you can fry at one time; seasoning gets soggy if allowed to sit].
- Or, put bread crumbs in a large plastic bag, add balls, and"shake".
- Heat approx 1 1/2 inch of oil in a large, heavy bottomed (cast iron is excellent) skillet.
- Deep fat fry balls at 375 degrees (temp may be lowered, but no lower than 345 degrees) until golden brown, about 10 minutes per batch.
- Drain on paper towels.