Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple basic use of boudin sausage to make into boudin balls.
Make and share this Basic Boudin Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Remove boudin from casing; mix in fresh chiles.
- Shape mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball or smaller.
- Dip in beaten egg mixture and then into seasoned bread crumbs.
- I like to either use a large bowl with the bread crumbs in it and tossing 10 balls in it at a time and"tossing" to coat.
- [Bestto coat only as many balls as you can fry at one time; seasoning gets soggy if allowed to sit].
- Or, put bread crumbs in a large plastic bag, add balls, and"shake".
- Heat approx 1 1/2 inch of oil in a large, heavy bottomed (cast iron is excellent) skillet.
- Deep fat fry balls at 375 degrees (temp may be lowered, but no lower than 345 degrees) until golden brown, about 10 minutes per batch.
- Drain on paper towels.