Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This fish is dark golden brown and very tasty.
Make and share this Batter Dipped Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together mustard and flour.
- Heat oil to 400°.
- Cut the fish into 7x2-inch pieces.
- With a mixer blend the flour mixture with the water, egg, sugar and salt.
- Dip fish into the batter, coating well.
- Drop into the hot oil.
- Fry fish until dark golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
This is my first time being the first to review a recipe! Can't believe this has been out here for eight years without a review...I made this with a pound of fresh cod. It was overall very good. I thought it was just a bit salty so I would reduce the salt by a half teaspoon or so. It had the consistency of pancake batter, which is what I think you want. The batter stayed on the fish for the most part but some came loose during cooking. Not sure if there is anything I can do to correct that or not. Also I used spicy prepared mustard. Very nice flavor, overall a great fish batter.