Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This fish is dark golden brown and very tasty.
Make and share this Batter Dipped Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together mustard and flour.
- Heat oil to 400°.
- Cut the fish into 7x2-inch pieces.
- With a mixer blend the flour mixture with the water, egg, sugar and salt.
- Dip fish into the batter, coating well.
- Drop into the hot oil.
- Fry fish until dark golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
This is my first time being the first to review a recipe! Can't believe this has been out here for eight years without a review...I made this with a pound of fresh cod. It was overall very good. I thought it was just a bit salty so I would reduce the salt by a half teaspoon or so. It had the consistency of pancake batter, which is what I think you want. The batter stayed on the fish for the most part but some came loose during cooking. Not sure if there is anything I can do to correct that or not. Also I used spicy prepared mustard. Very nice flavor, overall a great fish batter.