Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little different - chicken wings are dipped in a batter and deep fried until crispy and golden brown. Cooking time is per batch.
- Cut wings at first joint and discard the tips.
- Cut remaining wings in half.
- Wash and dry on paper towels and sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- Mix cornstarch, eggs, hot sauce and water, stirring to form a smooth batter.
- Dip wings in batter and deep fry in 1 1/2" of oil heated to 350° for about 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Serve with small bowl of mild, medium or hot wing sauce for dipping.
Excellent recipe. It's a keeper in my families favorites. My husband and son don't like things too spicy so I substitute water for the hot sauce; it works great.
Then I just pass the Louisiana hot sauce around the table for the rest of us. Thank you for sharing Marie.
Marie these chicken wings are absolutely fantastic... I never used cornstarch on chicken before, however; I will from here on.. They are so crispy, taste couldn't be better.. Beautiful golden brown.. I used a electric skillet to fry them, did so for 20 minutes and they were perfect.. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.
I love it an alternative to flour..wonderful crispiness!