This recipe is outstanding and is from Foodnetwork - Ultimate Recipe Showdown - Recipe courtesy Eboni Williams, Grand Prize Winner in the Fried Chicken category. Chicken Wings deep fried and drizzled with tropical sauce, brings these wings "Over The Top"!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pomegranate and Mango Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango, pitted and peeled
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 apple cider vinegar
- 1Puree the mango flesh in a food processor or blender (water may be needed to puree).
- 2Transfer puree to a large saucepan, and add remaining ingredients for the barbecue sauce. Mix together until all ingredients are combined, and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for about 30-45 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- 4Heat oil to 350 in a large Dutch oven or electric fryer.
- 5Rinse the chicken drumettes, and pat dry with paper towels.
- 6Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- 7In a shallow bowl or resealable bag, combine remaining salt and pepper with the flour and paprika.
- 8In a separate dish, mix together the eggs and evaporated milk until well combined.
- 9Roll the seasoned chicken pieces in the flour, a few at a time, until well coated.
- 10Dip chicken in the milk and egg mixture, followed by another coat of seasoned flour.
- 11Allow the chicken to sit in the flour and dry out for about 5 minutes, ensuring that the coating will stay on better.
- 12Carefully add the chicken pieces to the fryer as will fit without touching. Do not crowd the pan or the temperature will lower, making the chicken greasy.
- 13Fry for 5 minutes, then turn the pieces over and fry the other side 5 minutes. Cook for about 10 minutes total, or until the pieces begin to float.
- 14Remove chicken to a plate lined with paper towels to drain, about 5 minutes.
- 15To Serve:.
- 16Place the fried wings in a large bowl and toss with the barbecue sauce (or less, to taste).
- 17Refrigerate any leftover barbecue sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Battered Chicken Wings With Pomegranate and Mango Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (773 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2740.6
- Calories from Fat 2240
- Total Fat 248.9 g
- Saturated Fat 37.7 g
- Cholesterol 319.2 mg
- Sodium 2157.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 66.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple cider vinegar