1/2 Photos of Battered Queenies With Tartar Sauce (Manx Scallops)
Queenies are very small scallops, 40-80 to the pound. From iofm.net. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb small scallop (queenies)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- oil (for frying)
- 1Poach the queenies in water until tender. Drain.
- 2Season 1/4 cup flour with salt and pepper.
- 3Combine remaining flour with breadcrumbs and egg.
- 4Gradually stir in oil and milk.
- 5Coat queenies in seasoned flour.
- 6Dip the queenies into the batter using a long skewer.
- 7Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375°F.
- 8Fry queenies in batches for about three minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- 11Combine onions, parsley, and capers.
- 12Add mayonnaise and mix until creamy.
- 13Stir in lemon juice.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Battered Queenies With Tartar Sauce (Manx Scallops)
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.2
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.3 mg
- Sodium 881.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: