Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A different way with wings. Cook Times are Approx.
Make and share this Bayou Buffalo Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 3 teaspoons rosemary (finely chopped)
- 3 teaspoons thyme (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper or 2 teaspoons creole seasoning or 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 24 chicken wings or 24 chicken drummettes
- vegetable oil or cooking oil, for deep-frying
- In a bowl, blend all of the dry ingredients for the breading.
- In a separate bowl, make the egg wash by blending the eggs and milk.
- Add the chicken and coat well.
- Place coated chicken in breading and toss.
- Place the breaded chicken in a deep fryer or in pot that has enough hot 350º F oil to cover chicken.
- Cook until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for the sauce and toss in cooked chicken, mix well.
This is an awesome recipe! We don't like to drink Southern Comfort (I guess it's an acquired taste) but it really makes this sauce marvellous! I'll keep some SC on hand just for this.