Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I'm not real sure how I came about this recipe, but I think I was watching the Food Network and someone there was visiting BB King's place in Memphis, TN. I had to listen really hard and this is what I came up with. This sauce is to die for! We make it everytime I fry catfish and there is never any left over. We even use this recipe for our fish tacos. Serve with a nice cole slaw. YUM!
- Cut the catfish fillets into finger or nuggets.
- Mix together the buttermilk, paprika, cayenne, onion, and garlic powder.
- Mix together the flour and yellow cornmeal.
- Dip the catfish into the buttermilk mixture and then dredge in the flour/cornmeal mixture.
- Deep fry until golden.
- Mix all Sauce ingredients (ranch dressing through lime juice) together and refrigerate. This sauce double very easy.
- Serve Sauce with Catfish.
I was looking for a really good catfish recipe and I think I found it. It was easy to make and tastes delish! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
Really, really good. I don't normally like to deep fry, but this recipe was a wonderful exception to the rule! My one sister and I loved the sauce! Had some leftovers for lunch the next day! Just heated up in the oven to renew the crispiness. Will have again, as our market has nuggets on sale all the time! Thnx for posting, By The Lake.
These were so good. Followed recipe exactly and I agree the sauce really makes it! DH said they were restaurant quality. Thanks for a great way to cook catfish!