1/1 Photo of Beef Egg Rolls
1 hr 20 mins
I wanted to make egg rolls for a gathering and I've never made egg rolls before...so I just added a little bit of this and little bit of that...and they came out pretty good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek chili paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package spring roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup frying oil
- water or beaten egg, to seal the egg rolls
- 1Heat oil in pan.
- 2Add chopped onion, cook until translucent.
- 3Add ground beef, let brown for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sambal and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Add cabbage and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- 6Add carrots and keep cooking until all liquid dries up.
- 7Add green onions and lemon juice. Stir in and turn off heat after a minute.
- 8Allow the filling to cool a little bit and use a little more than a tablespoon of filling for each spring roll.
- 9Follow the package directions on rolling the egg rolls.
- 10"Seal" the wrapper by brushing with water or beaten egg.
- 11Fry until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 401.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sambal oelek chili paste