Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I wanted to make egg rolls for a gathering and I've never made egg rolls before...so I just added a little bit of this and little bit of that...and they came out pretty good!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek chili paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package spring roll wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup frying oil
- water or beaten egg, to seal the egg rolls
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add chopped onion, cook until translucent.
- Add ground beef, let brown for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sambal and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add carrots and keep cooking until all liquid dries up.
- Add green onions and lemon juice. Stir in and turn off heat after a minute.
- Allow the filling to cool a little bit and use a little more than a tablespoon of filling for each spring roll.
- Follow the package directions on rolling the egg rolls.
- "Seal" the wrapper by brushing with water or beaten egg.
- Fry until golden brown.