1/3 Photos of Beef Samosa
1 hr 20 mins
These are easy a little time consuming but worth it. Make a spicy beef packet, great for potluck or finger food snack. Brought them to a get together and everyone enjoyed them told me I could make them again. This is a recipe I got from another site made a few changes to suit what I had on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 quart oil (for deep frying)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 50 egg roll wraps
- 3/4 cup sweet chili sauce, mango chutney or 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 1In a medium saucepan bring some lightly salted water to boil for potatoes.
- 2Add potatoes and frozen peas.
- 3Cook until potatoes are tender about 15 minutes.
- 4Drain, set aside.
- 5Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 6Brown cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- 7Add in onions and ground beef.
- 8Saute until beef has all been browned and the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- 9Add garlic, fresh ginger.
- 10Season with black pepper, salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and cardamom.
- 11Stir in the potato mixture.
- 12Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until cool.
- 13Remove bay leaves.
- 14In the meantime, make an egg-wash beating the egg and water in a small bowl.
- 15Heat oil in a large sauce pan or fryer on high to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 16Brush both sides of a spring roll wrapper with egg-wash.
- 17In the corner of the wrapper place about 1 tablespoon of meat and potato mixture.
- 18Fold wrapper into triangles, (There is usually a diagram on the spring roll wrapper package) pressing edges together making sure edges are sealed.
- 19Fry until golden brown, in small batches, about 3 minutes.
- 20Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
- 21Can be eaten cold but taste better warm.
- 22Use sweet chili sauce, mango chutney or plum sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Samosa
Serving Size: 1 (4689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 291.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce