Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of the recipes I waited so long for. This a great recipe. It was in the paper today. It comes from The House of Chans.
- 1 lb flank steak (makes 10 skewers)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon redpepper seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- Put beef in freezer for 20 minutes to harden (it is easier for cutting). Cut meat into 1/4-inch thick slices, 4 inches long, 2 inches wide. Put on 6-inch bamboo skewers.
- Mix flavorings together until smooth; pour over beef and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat fryolator or grill to 350°F; cook 10 minutes.
This is not what I am used to in teriyaki beef, but delicious anyway! The marinade was a bit thicker and hotter than the normal marinade. Delicious!!
Wow! I can't believe that I'm the first to review this recipe. It is packed full of good Asian flavors. We just love it. No wonder you were patiently waiting for the recipe. The beef came out so very tender, you really didn't need a knife to cut it. I let mine marinade overnight. Thanks for posting. ")