Great for a fish fry. Mushrooms and other veggies go great too, as well as chicky tenders, and squares of marinated tofu. Experiment and have fun! Makes enough for 1 pound of seafood.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl using a fork.
- Beat beer, egg and oil together in a separate bowl.
- Stir into flour mixture until well blended.
- Batter should be pretty smooth and moderately thick.
- Dip fish, shrimp, or onion slices in coating and deep-fry in hot oil that has been heated to 350 degrees, until it becomes golden.
- Drain, and serve while hot and crispy.
- This recipe also works well with chicken tenders and vegetable pieces; whatever you like to coat with beer batter.