1/3 Photos of Beer Batter for Fish, Shrimp & Onion Rings
Sue Lau's Note:
Great for a fish fry. Mushrooms and other veggies go great too, as well as chicky tenders, and squares of marinated tofu. Experiment and have fun! Makes enough for 1 pound of seafood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl using a fork.
- 2Beat beer, egg and oil together in a separate bowl.
- 3Stir into flour mixture until well blended.
- 4Batter should be pretty smooth and moderately thick.
- 5Dip fish, shrimp, or onion slices in coating and deep-fry in hot oil that has been heated to 350 degrees, until it becomes golden.
- 6Drain, and serve while hot and crispy.
- 7This recipe also works well with chicken tenders and vegetable pieces; whatever you like to coat with beer batter.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter for Fish, Shrimp & Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 148.8 mg
- Sodium 2067.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.3 g