Delicious batter fried chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken.
- 2In a large saucepan, cover chicken with lightly salted water.
- 3Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 4Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Pat dry with paper towels.
- 7For batter, in a bowl combine bisquick mix, onion salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- 8In another bowl stir together egg and beer; add to bisquick mixture.
- 9Beat until smooth.
- 10Meanwhile, in a heavy 3 quart saucepan or deep fat fryer heat 1 1/4 inches of oil or shortening to 365 degrees.
- 11Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into batter, gently shaking off excess batter.
- 12Carefully lower into the hot oil.
- 13Fry, two or three pieces at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- 14Drain well on paper towels.
- 15Keep warm.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.3
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 234.2 mg
- Sodium 453.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 52.0 g