Enjoy this beer batter fried chicken with green onion and sour cream sauce. Great for Potlucks or Picnics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1in a pot large enough for the chicken.
- 2place chicken and add water, just above chicken level.
- 3bring water to a boil.
- 4boil chicken for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 5remove chicken from water, drain and pat dry.
- 7mix sour cream and green onions.
- 8chill in fridge.
- 10in bowl mix flour, chili powder, baking powder, granulated garlic, salt, cumin, pepper.
- 11add beer a little at a time, mixing well
- 12in another bowl beat egg white until stiff.
- 13mix egg white into batter mixture, mix again.
- 14dip chicken into batter.
- 15deep fry chicken until golden brown.
- 16remove from oil and let drain.
- 17keep chicken warm while you finish frying the rest of the chicken.
- 18serve chicken with sauce.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.6
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 180.5 mg
- Sodium 949.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 45.4 g