Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Enjoy this beer batter fried chicken with green onion and sour cream sauce. Great for Potlucks or Picnics.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- in a pot large enough for the chicken.
- place chicken and add water, just above chicken level.
- bring water to a boil.
- boil chicken for 20 to 25 minutes.
- remove chicken from water, drain and pat dry.
- mix sour cream and green onions.
- chill in fridge.
- in bowl mix flour, chili powder, baking powder, granulated garlic, salt, cumin, pepper.
- add beer a little at a time, mixing well
- in another bowl beat egg white until stiff.
- mix egg white into batter mixture, mix again.
- dip chicken into batter.
- deep fry chicken until golden brown.
- remove from oil and let drain.
- keep chicken warm while you finish frying the rest of the chicken.
- serve chicken with sauce.