1/2 Photos of Beer-Batter Fried Jalapeno Strips, Onion Petals & Pickles
This is my favorite recipe for fried jalapeno strips... but it works equally as well for fried onion rings (or petals) and, if you're so inclined, it's an excellent coating for fried pickles. Try them all at once, if you like. This recipe makes plenty of batter. Serve with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice onion and jalapeno as desired, and pat dry pickles onto paper towels.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together egg, beer, flour and seasoned salt.
- 3Heat oil in heavy skillet or a fry-cooker, following manufacturer's directions.
- 4Dip vegetables into batter, allowing excess batter to drip off.
- 5Fry in batches, about 3 or 4 minutes per batch, or until lightly browned.
- 6Drain onto paper towels. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer-Batter Fried Jalapeno Strips, Onion Petals & Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 810.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: