Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love fried mushrooms! I learned how to make these from a chef at a 5-star restaurant about a year ago. You can also use the batter to make fried onion rings. YUM!
- Pour about 3 inches (more if needed to cover the mushrooms) of oil into a large pot.
- Heat until it reaches about 375 degrees Farenhieght.
- Meanwhile Mix beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley flakes in a large bowl.
- Mix until smooth and well blended without any lumps.
- Dip mushrooms into batter and coat well.
- Fry mushrooms in batches in oil until crispy and brown.
- Time will vary depending on temperature of oil and the amount of mushrooms being fried.
- I usually do about 10 mushrooms at a time and it takes about 8 minutes.
- When done, remove mushrooms to a plate or bowl lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Place in a shallow bowl sprinkle with salt and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce!
Made these last night for New Years! These were so good. I used less beer to make the batter thicker, as well as using Miller Genuine Draft beer. This is definitely a keeper. I will be making these tonight again at DH request.
Solid recipe. Works just fine with water as well, except I added an egg and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. If you're a mushroom rinser, make sure you fully dry them before dipping to coat. Otherwise the batter tends to loosen when frying.
Very delicious and crunchy. Thank you!