1/4 Photos of Beer Batter Fried Mushrooms
Pepper Monkey's Note:
I love fried mushrooms! I learned how to make these from a chef at a 5-star restaurant about a year ago. You can also use the batter to make fried onion rings. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour about 3 inches (more if needed to cover the mushrooms) of oil into a large pot.
- 2Heat until it reaches about 375 degrees Farenhieght.
- 3Meanwhile Mix beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley flakes in a large bowl.
- 4Mix until smooth and well blended without any lumps.
- 5Dip mushrooms into batter and coat well.
- 6Fry mushrooms in batches in oil until crispy and brown.
- 7Time will vary depending on temperature of oil and the amount of mushrooms being fried.
- 8I usually do about 10 mushrooms at a time and it takes about 8 minutes.
- 9When done, remove mushrooms to a plate or bowl lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- 10Place in a shallow bowl sprinkle with salt and toss to coat evenly.
- 11Serve with favorite dipping sauce!
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter Fried Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1755.8
- Calories from Fat 1480
- Total Fat 164.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1176.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g