Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love fried mushrooms! I learned how to make these from a chef at a 5-star restaurant about a year ago. You can also use the batter to make fried onion rings. YUM!
- Pour about 3 inches (more if needed to cover the mushrooms) of oil into a large pot.
- Heat until it reaches about 375 degrees Farenhieght.
- Meanwhile Mix beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley flakes in a large bowl.
- Mix until smooth and well blended without any lumps.
- Dip mushrooms into batter and coat well.
- Fry mushrooms in batches in oil until crispy and brown.
- Time will vary depending on temperature of oil and the amount of mushrooms being fried.
- I usually do about 10 mushrooms at a time and it takes about 8 minutes.
- When done, remove mushrooms to a plate or bowl lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Place in a shallow bowl sprinkle with salt and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce!
Made these last night for New Years! These were so good. I used less beer to make the batter thicker, as well as using Miller Genuine Draft beer. This is definitely a keeper. I will be making these tonight again at DH request.
Very delicious and crunchy. Thank you!
These are great! Some recipes for Fried Mushrooms, the batter is so thick all you taste is batter - yuck! These came out just right - not to thick, not to thin. Next time, I might use 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp seasoned salt. Just a personal preference. Great served up with a horseradish sauce, or Bloomin Onion Sauce. Mmmmmm.