7 hrs 35 mins
7 hrs 25 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 8 ounces beer
- flour, for dusting
- 3 -4 cups peanut oil (for frying)
- 1 1/4 lbs rock shrimp or 1 1/4 lbs peeled white shrimp
CHIPOTLE HONEY DIPPING SAUCE
- 1Combine 1 cup of the flour with the cayenne, salt, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- 2Add beer all at once and whisk until smooth.
- 3Set aside at least 1/2 hour.
- 4Heat oil to deep-fry temperature (350/) in a large saucepan.
- 5Test oil by sprinkling a few drops of batter and if they rise to the surface, the oil is ready.
- 6Toss the shrimps in the flour for dusting and toss to coat evenly, then pat off excess.
- 7Drop a few at a time first in the batter then into the hot oil and fry until lightly golden and crispy-- about 2 minutes.
- 8Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 9Serve immediately with the following dipping sauce.
- 10DIPPING SAUCE: In a small saucepan, bring chiles, tomato, water, onion, garlic and salt to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- 11Cook, slowly, covered for 15 minutes, then puree in a blender until smooth transfer to a small bowl and add honey and vinegar.
- 12Serve at room temperature as a dipping sauce with shrimp.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Battered Shrimp with Chipotle Honey
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1449.5
- Calories from Fat 1188
- Total Fat 132.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.2 mg
- Sodium 1141.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 26.5 g