Beer Battered Shrimp with Chipotle Honey
Prep 7 hrs 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Combine 1 cup of the flour with the cayenne, salt, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add beer all at once and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside at least 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil to deep-fry temperature (350/) in a large saucepan.
- Test oil by sprinkling a few drops of batter and if they rise to the surface, the oil is ready.
- Toss the shrimps in the flour for dusting and toss to coat evenly, then pat off excess.
- Drop a few at a time first in the batter then into the hot oil and fry until lightly golden and crispy-- about 2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with the following dipping sauce.
- DIPPING SAUCE: In a small saucepan, bring chiles, tomato, water, onion, garlic and salt to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook, slowly, covered for 15 minutes, then puree in a blender until smooth transfer to a small bowl and add honey and vinegar.
- Serve at room temperature as a dipping sauce with shrimp.