1/1 Photo of Beignets á La Fleur De Sureau - Elderflower Fritters
Delicate flowers turned into a delicious treat lovely with your tea or coffee. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white elderberry flowers
- 2 egg whites, beaten to a froth with
- 1 cup sugar
- 1Beat egg whites with sugar until frothy; set to the side.
- 2For the batter: Separate eggs; whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks until light; add sugar and salt, beat well.
- 4Add flour to yolk mixture and beat again.
- 5Add orange juice, melted butter and just enough water to make about the consistency of pancake batter.
- 6Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 7Preheat oil to 365°F.
- 8Soak flowers in egg white-sugar froth.
- 9Immediately, dip into beignet batter and drop from spoon into hot oil and fry to a golden brown.
- 10Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beignets á La Fleur De Sureau - Elderflower Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 374.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 54.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: