Bennigan's makes the most awesome Monte Cristo sandwiches. A great break from the usual toasted ham & cheese.
- Place turkey and Swiss cheese on one slice of bread and ham and American cheese on another slice of bread.
- Place third slice.
- in-between and secure the triple-decker sandwich in the corners with tooth picks.
- Place egg in mixing bowl, add water and beat together.
- Add salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Beat batter until smooth.
- Dip sandwich in batter and carefully cover all the sides and surface.
- Carefully place in hot oil and fry until golden.
- When sandwich has turned a warm gold color remove from hot oil and place on paper towel.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing the tooth picks.
- Before serving slice into fourths and sprinkle.
- with powder sugar.
- Serve with Raspberry jam.