1/10 Photos of Bennigans Monte Cristo Sandwich
Bennigan's makes the most awesome Monte Cristo sandwiches. A great break from the usual toasted ham & cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 slices cooked turkey
- 3 slices cooked ham
- 3 slices American cheese
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- 1Place turkey and Swiss cheese on one slice of bread and ham and American cheese on another slice of bread.
- 2Place third slice.
- 3in-between and secure the triple-decker sandwich in the corners with tooth picks.
- 4Place egg in mixing bowl, add water and beat together.
- 5Add salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- 6Beat batter until smooth.
- 7Dip sandwich in batter and carefully cover all the sides and surface.
- 8Carefully place in hot oil and fry until golden.
- 9When sandwich has turned a warm gold color remove from hot oil and place on paper towel.
- 10Let cool for a few minutes before removing the tooth picks.
- 11Before serving slice into fourths and sprinkle.
- 12with powder sugar.
- 13Serve with Raspberry jam.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bennigans Monte Cristo Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 1365.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: