Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so handy to have in the freezer either to serve as an appetizer or as part of a Dim Sum Brunch. For baking these appetizer I prefer to use Spring Roll wrap - it has a lighter texture than the Won ton wrap.
- Oil for deep frying (if you choose to do this).
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients (except wonton wraps), Mix well.
- Place a teaspoon of this mixture in the centre of each wrap.
- Bring the sides of the wrap up toward the centre, pleating edges together around the filling.
- You may now freeze them (separately on a cookie sheet and then bag them) or you may proceed to cook them. When you wish to serve them place frozen wraps in a 375f for about 15-20 min or until cooked completely and golden brown.
- There are two ways to do this: (a) Heat oven to 400F degrees, Place parcels on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes turning once, or until golden and the filling is fully cooked (This is how I always do them), or (b) Deep Fry the filled wraps. However if you choose to deep fry this must be done BEFORE you freeze them. when ready to serve put them frozen in a 375f oven for about 15 min or until heated through.
- Drain well on paper towel.
- Serve with either a sweet chili sauce or a sweet and sour sauce as a dip.
My friends was the one who made these ones and these again were so delicious. We bought a sweet and sour sauce from the Chinese market and it worked well with these. I still have some of these ones in my freezer. Thanks again