1/3 Photos of Betty's Derby Fried Chicken
I don't know who Betty is, but this is the best fried chicken recipe I have ever used. I've been using this recipe since 1990 when I found it in The Dallas Morning News food section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients in plastic bag.
- 2Shake it to mix and set aside.
- 3In a bowl, combine egg and milk; mix well.
- 4Skin chicken, if desired.
- 5Put 2 or 3 pieces of chicken in bag with flour.
- 6Shake well.
- 7Dip chicken in egg mixture, return to bag and shake again.
- 8Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 9Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet.
- 10Add chicken and fry 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning to brown both sides.
- 11Drain chicken on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betty's Derby Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.9
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 316.7 mg
- Sodium 868.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 70.2 g