I don't know who Betty is, but this is the best fried chicken recipe I have ever used. I've been using this recipe since 1990 when I found it in The Dallas Morning News food section.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in plastic bag.
- Shake it to mix and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine egg and milk; mix well.
- Skin chicken, if desired.
- Put 2 or 3 pieces of chicken in bag with flour.
- Shake well.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, return to bag and shake again.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and fry 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning to brown both sides.
- Drain chicken on paper towels.