Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From today's Weekend magazine!
Make and share this Bhari Hui Simla Mirch Ka Pakora(Stuffed Capsicum Deep-fried Frit recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, boiled and diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 red capsicums (Simla Mirch)
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup boiled green peas
- oil, to deep fry
- Heat 1 tsp.
- oil in a skillet.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for a few seconds.
- Add green chillies, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots and salt to taste.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Add lime juice and fresh corriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Cut stalks of capsicums.
- Remove the seeds.
- Stuff capsicums with the potato-veggie mixture.
- Make a smooth batter of medium thick consistency by mixing the gramflour with red chilli powder, salt and a little water.
- Coat capsicums completely with batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Drain on clean absorbent paper napkins.
- Serve with chutney or tomato ketchup!