1/2 Photos of Big Brothers Chicken Wings
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
This is my favorite wing recipe. Lot’s of great compliments from family and friends. As recipe is they are mild, more heat can be obtained by adding cayenne and or more hot sauce. The whole wheat flour give these a more crisp texture. I fix these at least twice a week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl or zip lock bag mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper (optional) and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass bowl or zip lock bag and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated on all sides. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2Combine the butter, hot sauce and lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
- 3Heat oil in a deep fryer or fry daddy to 375° F the oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep.
- 4Fry coated wings in hot oil for about 8 minutes, or until they float up and wings turn golden brown. Drain and place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Brothers Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2237.7
- Calories from Fat 1546
- Total Fat 171.7 g
- Saturated Fat 64.3 g
- Cholesterol 725.6 mg
- Sodium 3650.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 147.1 g