1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Big John's Note:
Crispy & juicy, and you might just lick your fingers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole frying chicken, cut up
- 1Clean chicken pieces being sure to remove any extra fat and skin.
- 2Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Place chicken pieces in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for a minimum of 1 hour.
- 4Heat deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- 5Combine milk with beaten egg in med.
- 7Combine remaining dry ingredients in another bowl and mix well.
- 8Dry marinated chicken on paper towel.
- 9Take pieces one at a time and coat with flour mixture, milk mixture and flour mixture again.
- 10Place coated chicken pieces on a plate and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 11Fry pieces in deep fryer and cook until golden brown (approx. 15 min.) be sure to turn chicken in order to cook evenly on all sides.
- 12Remove from deep fryer and allow to drain for several minutes prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big John's Southern Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.5
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 1877.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: