Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
Crispy & juicy, and you might just lick your fingers.
Make and share this Big John's Southern Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole frying chicken, cut up
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon msg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, crushed
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 chicken broth, packets,dry
- 2 teaspoons fines herbs, ground
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon msg
- Clean chicken pieces being sure to remove any extra fat and skin.
- Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Heat deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine milk with beaten egg in med.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in another bowl and mix well.
- Dry marinated chicken on paper towel.
- Take pieces one at a time and coat with flour mixture, milk mixture and flour mixture again.
- Place coated chicken pieces on a plate and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fry pieces in deep fryer and cook until golden brown (approx. 15 min.) be sure to turn chicken in order to cook evenly on all sides.
- Remove from deep fryer and allow to drain for several minutes prior to serving.
Omited the MSG but loved all the rest. A little on the time consuming time but worth it (also didnt cut up a chicken bought it that way), Will have again