1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Big John's Note:
Crispy & juicy, and you might just lick your fingers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole frying chicken, cut up
- 1Clean chicken pieces being sure to remove any extra fat and skin.
- 2Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Place chicken pieces in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for a minimum of 1 hour.
- 4Heat deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- 5Combine milk with beaten egg in med.
- 7Combine remaining dry ingredients in another bowl and mix well.
- 8Dry marinated chicken on paper towel.
- 9Take pieces one at a time and coat with flour mixture, milk mixture and flour mixture again.
- 10Place coated chicken pieces on a plate and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 11Fry pieces in deep fryer and cook until golden brown (approx. 15 min.) be sure to turn chicken in order to cook evenly on all sides.
- 12Remove from deep fryer and allow to drain for several minutes prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big John's Southern Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.5
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 1877.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: