1 hr 45 mins
This is an awesome recipe from the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine. Make this at your next party and be ready to be kissed by all your guests!;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups basmati rice, boiled and cooked
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- ghee or oil, to fry
- 1/2 cup oyster mushroom, chopped
- 1/2 cup button mushroom, chopped
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, washed and finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 cup tomato, washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1To prepare the koftas, combine all the ingredients for the koftas in a bowl.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Knead into a dough.
- 4Divide the dough equally into 4 portions.
- 5Shape into medium sized balls.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Place a spoonful of the filling and cover completely shaping the kofta into a ball.
- 8Complete all the koftas in this way.
- 9Dep fry in hot ghee or oil until golden brown in colour.
- 10Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins and keep aside.
- 11Now, prepare the filling.
- 12Wash the Shitake mushrooms, then drain and soak them in warm water for 20 minutes.
- 13Drain and chop.
- 14Combine lemon juice and sugar in a pan.
- 15Cook on slow flame till it has a one string consistency.
- 16Add mushrooms and cook until dry.
- 17Add ginger, green chillies, salt, mint leaves and pepper.
- 18Mix well.
- 19Now prepare the gravy.
- 20For this, heat ghee or oil in a heavy bottomed pan or wok.
- 21Add onions.
- 22Stir-fry on low flame until light brown.
- 23Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- 24Fry for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 25Add pepper, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves.
- 26Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- 27Add red chilli, turmeric and corriander powders.
- 28Mix well.
- 29Place koftas in a serving dish and pour the gravy over them.
- 30Garnish with finely chopped fresh corriander leaves and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bizarre Awesome Rice Koftas With Mushroom Filling
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 337.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: