1 hr 45 mins
This is an awesome recipe from the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine. Make this at your next party and be ready to be kissed by all your guests!;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups basmati rice, boiled and cooked
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- ghee or oil, to fry
- 1/2 cup oyster mushroom, chopped
- 1/2 cup button mushroom, chopped
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, washed and finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 cup tomato, washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1To prepare the koftas, combine all the ingredients for the koftas in a bowl.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Knead into a dough.
- 4Divide the dough equally into 4 portions.
- 5Shape into medium sized balls.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Place a spoonful of the filling and cover completely shaping the kofta into a ball.
- 8Complete all the koftas in this way.
- 9Dep fry in hot ghee or oil until golden brown in colour.
- 10Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins and keep aside.
- 11Now, prepare the filling.
- 12Wash the Shitake mushrooms, then drain and soak them in warm water for 20 minutes.
- 13Drain and chop.
- 14Combine lemon juice and sugar in a pan.
- 15Cook on slow flame till it has a one string consistency.
- 16Add mushrooms and cook until dry.
- 17Add ginger, green chillies, salt, mint leaves and pepper.
- 18Mix well.
- 19Now prepare the gravy.
- 20For this, heat ghee or oil in a heavy bottomed pan or wok.
- 21Add onions.
- 22Stir-fry on low flame until light brown.
- 23Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- 24Fry for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 25Add pepper, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves.
- 26Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- 27Add red chilli, turmeric and corriander powders.
- 28Mix well.
- 29Place koftas in a serving dish and pour the gravy over them.
- 30Garnish with finely chopped fresh corriander leaves and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bizarre Awesome Rice Koftas With Mushroom Filling
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 337.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: