Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an awesome recipe from the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine. Make this at your next party and be ready to be kissed by all your guests!;-)
- 2 cups basmati rice, boiled and cooked
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- ghee or oil, to fry
- 1⁄2 cup oyster mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom, chopped
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, washed and finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 cup tomato, washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- To prepare the koftas, combine all the ingredients for the koftas in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Knead into a dough.
- Divide the dough equally into 4 portions.
- Shape into medium sized balls.
- Set aside.
- Place a spoonful of the filling and cover completely shaping the kofta into a ball.
- Complete all the koftas in this way.
- Dep fry in hot ghee or oil until golden brown in colour.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins and keep aside.
- Now, prepare the filling.
- Wash the Shitake mushrooms, then drain and soak them in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and chop.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in a pan.
- Cook on slow flame till it has a one string consistency.
- Add mushrooms and cook until dry.
- Add ginger, green chillies, salt, mint leaves and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Now prepare the gravy.
- For this, heat ghee or oil in a heavy bottomed pan or wok.
- Add onions.
- Stir-fry on low flame until light brown.
- Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- Fry for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add pepper, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add red chilli, turmeric and corriander powders.
- Mix well.
- Place koftas in a serving dish and pour the gravy over them.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh corriander leaves and serve hot.