Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Blackberry Fried Brie recipe from Food.com.
- Place the egg in a shallow wide dish and beat well.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Cut the Brie into four equal portions.
- Dip the Brie first into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, turning to coat on all sides; refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Place the blackberries in a pan, reserving a few for garnish, together with the sugar and 4 tablespoons water.
- Bring gently to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the arrowroot with a little cold water and stir into the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil for deep frying to 180°C/ 350°F.
- Fry the Brie for 3-4 minutes until golden brown then remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve- transfer the Brie to individual plates, pour a little of the sauce over each portion of Brie and garnish with the parsley and reserved blackberries.