My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the egg in a shallow wide dish and beat well.
- 2Place the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- 3Cut the Brie into four equal portions.
- 4Dip the Brie first into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, turning to coat on all sides; refrigerate until ready to cook.
- 5Place the blackberries in a pan, reserving a few for garnish, together with the sugar and 4 tablespoons water.
- 6Bring gently to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Blend the arrowroot with a little cold water and stir into the sauce to thicken slightly.
- 8Meanwhile, heat the oil for deep frying to 180°C/ 350°F.
- 9Fry the Brie for 3-4 minutes until golden brown then remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- 10To serve- transfer the Brie to individual plates, pour a little of the sauce over each portion of Brie and garnish with the parsley and reserved blackberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Fried Brie
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.6
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.5 mg
- Sodium 484.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: