chef ashish damle's Note:
If you find the regular fish and chip recipe greasy, too fattening and not exciting any more try my version. Yummy, spicy and not as fatty. When it come to cooking, I like it as it is full of flavours and SPICE.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 5 cups thinly-sliced green cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- oil, for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 kg mackerel fillet
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 20 g ginger paste
- 20 g garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chat masala
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon orange food coloring (optional)
- 1Marinate mackerel fillets with lemon juice, ginger, garlic, salt, sambla oleck, orange color and egg.
- 2Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch thick sticks and allow to soak in water.
- 3Mix shredded cabbage with carrots, currants, and green onions and season with salt pepper and lemon juice allow to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- 4Squeeze the coleslaw to get the excess moisture out.
- 5Mix in the mayonnaise, curry powder and Tabasco sauce.
- 6Mix cabbage with the mayo and refrigerate.
- 7In a deep pan, heat oil for fries and crispy fry drained and patted sweet potato sticks; hold in warm oven till ready to serve.
- 8In a skillet heat 2 tbsp oil.
- 9Dredge each fillet of fish with gram flour and shallow fry till crisp on the out side and juicy on the inside.
- 10Remove on a paper towel and sprinkle with chat masala.
- 11Serve a few fries on the plate with 2 fillets of fish on them serve some coleslaw on the side with a slice of lemon.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bombay Fish and Chips With Curried Coleslaw and Dipping Sauce.
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.1
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 188.4 mg
- Sodium 920.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 46.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: