Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is an easy recipe that i ran across and if you love Applebee's boneless hot wings, then you will love these! they are so good! i make them ALL the time...enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, Ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 -20 chicken tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost.
- Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a LARGE bowl.
- Mix together in a separate bowl 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup hot sauce, a dash of garlic powder and a dash of pepper and heat in microwave for about 20 seconds. stir to mix well. set aside.
- Put the wings into the large bowl of flour mixture, coating each wing evenly.
- dip into mixture of butter and hot sauce, then again into flour mixture. place all the "wings" on a plate and put them in the refrigerator for 60 to 90 minutes. (This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.)
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375°F (You want just enough oil to cover the wings entirely -- an inch or so deep at least.).
- Fry them for 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
- Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel to drain, but don't let them sit too long because you want to serve the wings hot.
- For Coating:.
- Combine another 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are well blended.
- Quickly put the wings into a large bowl. *You could also use a large plastic container with a lid for this.
- Add the coating mixture and stir, coating all the wings evenly or simply put all the wings inside the container with the lid, add the sauce, then shake.
Loved this recipe- bravo! They came out perfect!! I used a lot more garlic than called for, but that's my own personal preference. Also used Franks Red Hot instead of straight hot sauce. Delish!
This is so wonderful! One of the things that we miss over here in South Africa is Applebee's wings! I used fanks wing sauce for the coating.( My mom brought me some when she came to visit.) I read somewhere that that is what Applebee's uses. I made them for our' Applebee's night' . I also froze a bunch of these after frying and before coating. I just made some for lunch by popping them in the oven for 12 min. and then coating them in Franks. Thanks for the recipe!
I love Applebee's boneless wings so I was very excited to see this recipe! I was not disappointed! Very close to the restaurant. They were relatively easy to make as well. Followed the recipe exactly, but I don't have a fryer or any way to test how hot the oil is, so I was guessing on that part. They took about 20 minutes for me. Thank you so much!