1/1 Photo of Breaded Chicken Balls With Lemon Glaze
Tempura-style battered chicken tidbits soaked in a lemon glaze --- this can also be make using a meaty fish such a cod or halibut cut into small pieces, if you prefer a less sweeter glaze then reduce the sugar by a couple tablespoons --- serve with rice :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (can use up to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1Slice the breasts into about 1-1/2-inch cubes (or smaller) then place in a large bowl.
- 2Toss the chicken strips with 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- 3For the batter; in a small bowl beat the eggs with 1/4 cup cornstarch, baking powder and pinch white pepper.
- 4Heat 2 cups vegetable oil in a wok to 350 degrees F.
- 5Using clean hands completely coat/toss the chicken with the cornstarch batter.
- 6Place chicken in the hot oil and fry (in batches) until browned and cooked through; set aside to a large serving plate and tent loosely with foil to keep warm while making the lemon sauce.
- 7For the lemon glaze; in a medium bowl combine 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 cup chicken broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt and food coloring (if using) mix until combined then add in the peeled lemon slices.
- 8Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the wok and slowly stir in the lemon glaze mixture; cook stirring until the glaze is clear (at this point you can remove the lemon slices or leave in the sauce).
- 9Drizzle the glaze over the chicken.
- 10Place fresh lemon slices on top if desired.
- 11Serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Chicken Balls With Lemon Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 999.9
- Calories from Fat 732
- Total Fat 81.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 180.2 mg
- Sodium 1124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 47.2 g