1/2 Photos of Breaded Mushrooms
Veggie Girl Kacey's Note:
My Mom has been making these since I was a kid. It is a meal that my whole family enjoys (minus my brother as he hates mushrooms!). She use to make them by placing flour, breadcrumbs and eggs in three separate bowls. It took forever! I use Tupperware and old margarine containers to shake the mushrooms in. Quick, easy and less mess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package mixed mushrooms (button, mini bellas, cremini, etc.)
- 2 -3 eggs, beaten (usually two is enough but it depends on the size of your mushrooms)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2-2 cups fine breadcrumbs (add more if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- seasoning salt (if necessary, bread crumbs may be salty enough)
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1Place enough vegetable oil into a deep frying pan on low-medium heat. (I generally place in enough oil so that the bottom half of my mushrooms are submerged. You can always add more.).
- 2You do not want the oil bubbling wildly. Adjust temperature accordingly when you place the mushrooms in (a low simmer is nice.).
- 3Wash mushrooms and cut off tips of stems.
- 4If the mushrooms are really big (such as stuffing mushrooms) cut them in half or even quarters. Otherwise, leave whole.
- 5Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into three large, separate Tupperware containers.
- 6Mix pepper, garlic powder and salt in with the breadcrumbs.
- 7Place mushrooms in with the flour. Cover and shake until mushrooms are well coated.
- 8Transfer mushrooms to Tupperware dish that has the beaten eggs in it. Cover and shake again until mushrooms are evenly coated.
- 9Lastly, transfer mushrooms to final Tupperware container that has the breadcrumbs in it. NOTE: It is better to do this step in two batches as sometimes if there are not enough breadcrumbs the mushrooms do not get a nice even coat and look instead like they are covered in a lumpy batter.).
- 10Place mushrooms in oil carefully and cook until bottoms are browned. Flip over and continue cooking until entire mushrooms are cooked through.
- 11Mushrooms are done when gently crisp and the breading no longer appears wet looking.
- 12Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon and place on plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- 13Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or dip them into your favourite sauce (such as Ranch).
- 14*Optional: add some additional herbs or Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs to give the recipe a more professional appearance like that in the restaurants.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.9
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 229.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: