Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
A cheddar bratwurst, wrapped in bacon, dipped in pancake batter, deep fried, wrapped in bacon again, deep fried a second time and wrapped in a Hickory-smoked waffle.
- 1 cheddar bratwurst
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups waffle mix
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (Hickory flavored)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- mix the waffle mix with the liquid smoke.
- Skewer cheddar bratwurst.
- lightly cook bacon, leaving it chewy.
- wrap 2 strips of bacon around the bratwurst, use maple syrup as adhesive.
- roll bacon-wrapped bratwurst in waffle batter.
- deep fry for 3 minutes.
- after deep frying, wrap in 4 strips of bacon and deep fry for 3 more minutes.
- pour 1 cup of waffle batter into waffle iron.
- when waffle is complete, wrap around deep-fried battered baconed cheddar bratwurst.
- serve with maple syrup on the side.