Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb fresh cauliflower floret
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- Add water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower florets and cook 10-12 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- Transfer florets to a large bowl.
- Mash florets with a fork or potato masher (doesn't have to be a completely smooth consistancy, I leave in a few clumps of vegetables) Add in eggs, onion, pecans, flour, and salt and pepper to taste; stir to mix well.
- In an electric skillet, pour oil to a depth of 1/4 inch; heat to 350 degrees.
- Drop vegetable mixture by tablespoonfuls into the oil.
- Cook in batches for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until they become lightly browned.
- Transfer to a papertowel lined plate to drain; keep warm.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was very tasty and easy to make. I really enjoyed the favor the pecans added. Next time I am going to try substituting the flour with potato or potato starch to give the batter a creamier consistency.