Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Spicier or tangy er, you decide. This recipe is not for those on a diet, in fact the more bad for you ingredients you use, the better. This is one of those recipes for those day's you feel like indulging.. when you wake up in the morning and get a frapuccino instead of a black coffee!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (you'll need the rest of the container for the dipping sauce)
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 hot sauce (crystal brand or franks)
- oil (for frying, your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix (follow directions)
- First make the dressing and put it in the fridge.
- Heat up oil in a deep pan, cut the chicken in to small-ish bite size pieces, in a seperate bowl beat eggs and buttermilk, then in another bowl put flour. Dip chicken into egg mixture then into flour then fry. continue this til chicken is cooked, set it aside.
- In a deep frying pan mix hot sauce, vinegar then 1/2 cube of butter, note that the butter controls the 'hot' factor for less spicey add more butter. After butter melts add chicken a little at a time remove it immediately from the sauce so it does not get soggy, repeat this until all of the chicken is covered.
- Serve with buttermilk ranch, celery and carrots. I like to serve it with the remainder of the sauce in another bowl for extra tang.
- Enjoy! This also makes a great left over dish.