1/1 Photo of Buffalo Chicken Hot Wings
Sarah Kay's Note:
These are the BEST hot wings. I particularly like using Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce. Adding a tablespoon of ranch dressing to the butter sauce makes spicy ranch wings. DO NOT try making these in the oven. The wings come out soggy and the skin is rubbery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil to 350 degrees; a deep-fat fryer is best for cooking wings.
- 2Discard small tip of each wing, split at large joint.
- 3Drummettes are ready to cook as is.
- 4Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 5Add chicken to hot oil so that each piece is fully immersed in the oil.
- 6Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is crisp.
- 7Remove from oil, drain, and pat dry.
- 8Prepare hot wing sauce by melting butter in a saucepan.
- 9Add hot sauce and vinegar.
- 10Stir well.
- 11Put chicken pieces in a container and pour sauce over them.
- 12Cover container and shake to coat each piece.
- 13Serve with celery sticks and dip.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2683.1
- Calories from Fat 2488
- Total Fat 276.5 g
- Saturated Fat 48.7 g
- Cholesterol 256.9 mg
- Sodium 502.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 54.0 g