These are the BEST hot wings. I particularly like using Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce. Adding a tablespoon of ranch dressing to the butter sauce makes spicy ranch wings. DO NOT try making these in the oven. The wings come out soggy and the skin is rubbery.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees; a deep-fat fryer is best for cooking wings.
- Discard small tip of each wing, split at large joint.
- Drummettes are ready to cook as is.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to hot oil so that each piece is fully immersed in the oil.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is crisp.
- Remove from oil, drain, and pat dry.
- Prepare hot wing sauce by melting butter in a saucepan.
- Add hot sauce and vinegar.
- Stir well.
- Put chicken pieces in a container and pour sauce over them.
- Cover container and shake to coat each piece.
- Serve with celery sticks and dip.
OMG i am sooo happy i decided on this wing recipe... it is an EXACT replica of my favorite wings from the lounge that serves...my favorite hot wings...lol. Thank you so much for sharing!! I am forever grateful!!
Spicy?! Hullo they are "hot" wings. Great flavor and just what you would expect for HOT wings.