Jeff n Jess's Note:
This recipe was inspired after a trip to Ruby Tuesday and tasting this dish. I tried to do my best from my eating experience to judge this recipe. After making it, I totally nailed it the first time around. This recipe calls for Egg Rolls wrappers, however for smaller bite size portions, Wonton wrappers should suffice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat Deep Fryer to 375°F.
- 2Cook Chicken.
- 3I had just cooked the chicken on the stove top with about 1/3 cup of the hot sauce. Cook the chicken all the way through until done. It's also a good idea just to nuke the chicken for a minute as well to ensure that's its thoroughly cooked.
- 4When the chicken is done, cut it up into small pieces about the size quarter ($0.25)or smaller. The idea is small pieces.
- 5In a mixing bowl mix the chicken pieces, cheese and most of the hot sauce, leaving a little bit for the egg mixture. Mix thoroughly to make sure hot sauce is distributed throughout.
- 6Making the wonton coating. Mix the panko, breadcrumbs and pepper. Done.
- 7Place a little flour on a surface to prevent eggroll wrappers from sicking to it.
- 8Take eggroll wrapper and place on top of the floured surface.
- 9Place at least 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture in a wonton and fold wonton into the shape of a large triangle (just once over) making sure that the edges from one side touch the other, Try to make sure you do NOT trap much air in the chicken mixture pocket as this makes them explode.
- 10Prepare remaining wontons with chicken mixture.
- 11Mix the 2 eggs together in a bowl.
- 12Add about a 1/3 cup of hot sauce. (all remaining hot sauce) to the eggs and mix.
- 13Coat each stuffed wonton with the egg mixture, Brushing is recommended.
- 14Place egg coated stuffed wonton into bread mixture.
- 15Make sure entire wonton gets coated with crumbs.
- 16Shake off excess crumbs.
- 17Then place the bread coated wonton into the hot frying oil for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- 18Remove excess oil.
- 19Serve with Blue Cheese and Celery!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.6
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 161.4 mg
- Sodium 1558.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 28.9 g